Received this communication yesterday from the PV team at Halls Gap. As it notes, the park is temporarily closed until further assessments on Friday –
PARKS VICTORIA UPDATE
Parks Victoria would like to advise you that due to heavy rainfall, flooding and minor rock-falls The Grampians National Park is Temporarily Closed (for the next 48 hours).
We are asking local community and visitors to remain out of the park until staff can assess damage and ensure there are no public safety issues.
VicRoads have currently closed the Northern Grampians Road which means access to many popular visitor sites such as Zumsteins, Mackenzie Falls, Reeds Lookout and the Wonderland Range is not available.
There are also many road closures outside the Grampians National Park that are restricting access into the park.
- Please do not drive past road closure signage – there may be dangerous road washouts behind them
- Do not drive through flood waters – Creek crossings and floodways may be compromised
- Road cuttings may continue to deposit large rocks and small mudslides onto roadways
- With saturated soils, large trees may fall
- Walking tracks may have fast flowing or impassable creek crossings.
- Rainfall may continue to fall across the park over the next day or so bringing more issues.
A full report, including important closures or re-openings to visitor sites will be forwarded out as soon as we can confirm details, but the park closure will remain in place until Friday afternoon at this stage.
You can also visit the PV website explaining the same thing but with a few pictures